The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Was Waiting for the Dove

This morning when I was awakened by the sunlight streaming through the windows, I looked out upon the still wet streets expecting a dove with an olive branch sitting in the nearby tree. Instead I was greeted by the trees branches, they were waving wildly at me. It was as if to say Mater Nature is not through with us yet.

Still, the sight of the sun was a joy.

Then I went down into the basement and joy left. It floated away on the tide moving from the laundry room into the boiler room and out through the storage area.

It went out through the bulkhead and returned through the kitchen window. On the table by the window lay the sheet of paper upon which is written the flight information for my returning family.

This is certainly Mudville with as fleeting a condition of joy.

=30=

No comments: