The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Privacy Problem with Twitter DM

Another twitterite sent me a message thanking me for an invite code to an alpha test. This is a code that was sent to me by the developer for my personal use.

I did not make that code public.  In fact, that person's using the code caused it to die for me.  Not their fault at all. It was The System.

After much examination with that person's cooperation, I was able to determine that all of my DM's, Direct Messages, on Twitter were now open on my public timeline. 

This goes against the private guarantee of Twitter's DM's

What this tells me is the system is way from perfect.  It tells me that no personal information should EVER be entrusted to a Twitter message of any kind. 

I had to go in and manually remove all of the DM's in my account. 

The ones that were important, I copied into Evernote's file on my hard drive. 

If they go public, I will lose all faith in anything on the internet, including email, being safe from exposure.
-30-

Posted via email from grazing's posterous

No comments: