The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shortbread

After a very long workday, I knew I was coming home to an almost empty house. (see: cat)  With no one here, I only turned on the lights I needed to get settled and didn’t notice the square white postal box sitting on the Chinese apothecary in the atrium.

But then Facebook stepped in under the direction of a beloved niece.  She was thinking of me, alone at home on the other side of the continent.  A home crafter and accomplished artist herself she wanted to send something to lift my spirits.

She remembered a list from a long time ago where I answered the question. “What is your favorite junk food?” with Shortbread.

I know there are many people in the world who would not consider a food of such simple purity junk.  But it becomes junk food when you get a can of Dundee shortbread for Christmas, open the can and eat each round in order, like pancakes.

These shortbread squares are from a small scale and very talented baker whose web site is http://www.thehomebaker.etsy.com 

The Home Baker’s motto is From My Kitchen to Your Tummy. Homemade Treats by Mimi, Baked & Shipped Same Day.

Let’s all give Mimi a rousing set of applause!  Save another for my Niece!

-30- 

LiveJournal Tags:

No comments: