The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A question was asked of me today as I sat eating a sandwich while reading the novel Hit on my Nexus 10's Nook App.

"When was the last time you read a physical book?

At first I thought the question was about a physics book. Then I understood he meant what I have been calling a 'real' book as opposed 'digital.'

I was about to say I am reading one now, but paused when I realized the three books I am actively reading are all digital.


Even more interesting to me was that I could not recall the last 'physical' book.

The second epiphany was how wrong I was to call 'physical' books real and ebooks not.The body of the work hasn't changed. It has just become easier to convey and read. Thus, giving me greater opportunities to read that didn't exist before.

-30-

No comments: