The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Firefox 2.0 Up and Running!

No surprise there. I was disappointed that some of my priceless extensions weren’t ready in time for the grand opening. The beta has been out for quite a while. Most of them are quickly being updated, but one of my favorites, colortabs, still hasn’t been fixed

In the theme department, avoid MiniFox. It kills the ability to jump from theme to theme. I had to go into about:config and go to skins to change the MINIFOX entry to DEFAULT to get back the ability to change skins.

No big deal, but I think it poor form to take our configuration ability when designing a skin. That isn’t an error of omission but an overt act.

As has been said in most of the reviews I’ve read there are no startling changes but the feel of it is much smoother and there is less incompatibility with some of the more IE oriented websites.

=30=

No comments: