The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Instant Winter!

One of the disadvantages of listening to music, via iPod transmitter, in your car is you don't get weather bulletins. To make up for that, I do get NWS bulletins in my email, but, that requires reading them.

So, you can imagine my surprise when driving south on the Interstate this afternoon to find myself, just about instantly, on a road, unsalted, and blanketed with snow.

Before Exit 20, brown grass and evergreens, after Exit 20, winter wonderland. It was that fast.

Normally snow creeps up on you, or it's there in the morning when you rise. This was more like somebody up there said, "Whoa! Forgot to install winter and I have train to catch." DUMP! "There, that should do it." In the words of my philosophical guru, "I kid you not!"
--30--


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: