The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

Rendering of human brain.

Image via Wikipedia

There are few spare moments between the breakfast my son made for his mother at 0600 and the dinner we plan to share with other mothers and their families.

In that spare time there are two ‘utilities’ I have started to use over the past few weeks worth mentioning.

Evernote is the first.  When we first started playing with it, I figured, as with most nice shiny things, it may last a day or two. 

Wrong on several counts with that guess.

It has become essential to my thought process because it has replaced the large portion of my brain where memory once lived.  It has also replaced the sticky notes that once decorated every dry surface on my desk and laptop.

Then there is Hyperwords.

This second, more recent of the two, was recommended in a tweet from @stephenfry.  In his message he said, “I don’t know how I lived without it.” Hyperbole was my second bad guess.

Especially when going over lists and comments left in several of the major languages, I have used Hyperwords to easily translate

image to

image

translating is  one of the dozen or so selection that pop up by default when a word or phrase is highlighted.  The list disappears if you right click for the default menu.

It will define, search the engines as well as  Wikipedia and social sites, copy to notepad, and make tea. 

Okay, no  tea, but you need to visit their site to see what this jack of all trades add-on to Firefox, and soon Windows, can do for you.

-30- 

LiveJournal Tags:

No comments: