The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Friday, December 11, 2009

A Burglary Happened

A friend was burgled last night.  Everyone is asking what was taken.  What was taken was a feeling of security, a feeling that the walls and doors protect you from the wolves and weather.

This happened to me many years ago.  They took a cheap desk radio because there really was nothing else of value in the apartment.  The radio had no sale value but was taken to justify the break-in.  I invested in locks and gates and a steel bar contraption called a "Fox Lock." 

Then I did what was really the only solution, I moved.  Right after my bike was taken.  They left the lock and chain, but must have cut the cross bar on the bike to take it. 

To my friend, how soon before you move??
-30-

No comments: