The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One More Thing

A safe view of Cheasapeake Bay
You know, just when think, what else, else happens.  I was startled from sleep last night by what felt like an animal biting the big toe of my right foot.

The only animal in this house, by invitation anyway, is our orange tabby.  So, whatever logic in my mind that exists at three in the morning put together it was the cat biting my toe.
Mysteriously, once I was awake enough to make any sense of it, the complete nail of my big toe was sitting perpendicular from the now pulp surface upon which it once serenely sat.
Ouch applies here, big time.
Because infection is a major worry while undergoing chemotherapy, I quickly wrapped the wounded toe and dragged myself over to the local ED.
There a kindly physician everyone called Danny Boy shot my toe full of painkiller and very carefully ripped the entire nail from my foot.
Did I mention this was the big toe?  Did I mention ouch!!!
-30-

No comments: