The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Freezing Rain is Never a Good Thing

Several times in my impetuous youth,  & before the blessing of anti-lock brakes, I've touched my brake while driving in freezing rain only to find the ton of so of metal containing me floating effortlessly in a circle off the road, connecting with nothing more solid than a fresh snowbank.
So far.
When I once asked my uncle why old people drive so slow.  "How do you think they got to be old people? " He answered.
Now that my beard is white, it seems just the right thing to do when I drop 5 mph below the speed limit when I pass the first car that has slipped off the road, falling victims of the freezing rain & black ice.
-30-

No comments: