The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

I don't know if I will ever drive again...

Of course I will, can't work without commuting.

It's just that yesterday I was within two car-lengths
of three accidents, one very severe, one a front-end
crushing hit from behind and the other a temper-
flaring fender bender.

We all know there are many accidents out there.
When you put normally sedentary people in control
of several tons of steel that travels a mile in a minute
or less, with all of today's distractions, they're going to
bump into each other; into trees, poles, walls and baby
carriages. Don't forget fruit stands. In the movies and
on TV, there always seems to be a fruit stand in the
way of a vehicle or foot chase.

I'm not looking for a solution. I just don't think I'll drive
today or tomorrow...

Or shop for fruit. Why tempt fate?

=30=

No comments: