The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Almost Did It...

At 5:20 this morning I leaped out of bed, threw some clothes into plastic shopping bags
and was out of the driveway by 5:40.

I was on my way to a ceremony in NYC. A late dear friend of mine was having the street upon which she had lived for over 60 years named after her.

The ceremony is scheduled for noon today.

On the way to the highway, I noticed the “E“ on my gas gauge light up. I pulled into the Mobil station for a fill up and was blown away by what used to cost $14.00 now cost 29. That woke me up a bit.

As I drove further along on the local roads, I remembered my personal meds. If I had taken one pill this morning, I probably could have made it through the day, but by not taking it, I had to return.

On the return it dawned on me how many people I was inconveniencing by my truly spontaneous decision to go.

By the time I pulled back into the driveway, I had decided not to go. All of that in three quarters of hour and it wasnt even six thirty yet.

Now its 11:18 a.m. and I have accomplished much.
=30=

No comments: