The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Video Upload at Google

If you are considering the video upload feature at Google, I would read the legal document we never read when installing programs or agreeing to online service. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but that agreement looks to me as if you are signing away your soul.

This is not to say stay away from the Google Video Upload option. Just to read the agreement. It looks like a program that could be very useful to families to share the video of Junior taking his first steps. As long as they know their sharing Junior’s first steps with everyone who is signed onto the program as well as everyone who works at Google and to whomever Google decides it would be a good idea to display Juniors’ First Steps.

Though at the moment I don’t even have a digital video camera, nor do I intend to get one in the near future, it was the 70 percent paragraph that stopped me cold in my registration tracks and for the first time I think EVER did I click on the NO I DO NOT AGREE button. It felt weird, but it felt right.

Other weekend news will follow.

No comments: