The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

e.Digital Treo 15 and Windows XP

Recently, I dicovered my old e.Digital TREO 15’s battery wasn’t dead. The doorway holding it to the front of the unit was loose.

I took it out of its protective case and pushed the door shut. The battery still had some life in it. So, I rummaged through my collection of power cables and found one that fit. I plugged it in and soon the machine was fully charged.

Of course, the computer on which I first installed the e.Digital’s Treo 15 Digital Music Jukebox’s installation software is no longer in use. Back to digging though things: I found the CD. Eager to hear what music I had loaded, I installed the software, plugged in the USB cable only to find the old installation software didn’t work on Windows XP Pro.

Going to the e.Digital Website didn’t help. I googled the name of the device and found a 2003 upgrade. I downloaded that, tried again, but XP still wouldn’t admit the unit was attached. Think-Think-THINK!

I reloaded the original CD, stopped autoload and chose Explore. Lo and behold, a txt file regarding installation on XP OS equipped machine.

You have to manually install the hardware, pointing the driver request to d:\drivers\ — then install the viewing software and then install the flash update.

Now all is well and I don’t feel as bad as I mentioned earlier about being iPod Free. The e.Digital TREO 15 has 15 Gb’s of memory. This pretty much holds all of the music I have on my laptop.

Joy to the world!

=30=

No comments: