The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Glitch in Instant Satisfaction.


I gave my son my dog-eared copy of J. Campbell's Hero of a 1000 Faces.  It came up in conversation today with a former monk.

I wanted to read a portion of the book to him and thought I could fall back on my new found literary instant satisfaction.

In my coat pocket was an iPod, a Blackberry and a Flip. My Kindle was sitting on the front seat of my car. 

Using the Opera Mini interface on the Blackberry, I went to Amazon thinking I could download it to my Kindle.  I was very disappointed
to find it not available in Kindle form.

Using the Blackberry I was able to start an Audible.com download of the abridged version for my iPod, I would still have to
start up the laptop at home to download it through iTunes.

The lesson here should be not be so addicted to the instant satisfaction provided by the latest technology.

 It should have been.

What I really learned is that I shouldn't leave the briefcase home even if I am just going out for two hours' of RT social interaction.

-30-

Posted via email from grazing's posterous

No comments: