The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Bedtime musings

LiveJournal Tags: ,,

After two hours of browsing using the RSS feed reader I opened the History column in Firefox and counted the number of sites I visited.   There were 25 pages on Shakespeare alone.  For some reason I was looking for the speech in Henry V where he speaks of Saint George, Harry and England.  Found it in the Shakespeare Concordance. 

The browsing went from the International Herald Tribune to a page on the Gutenberg free books site displaying a memoir of a Colonel in the American Army during the Revolutionary war.  I noted in the index it read that this was something from the Civil War.  I wonder if that index was created by an Englishman?

I downloaded a few programs.  I installed all of them and deleted all of them except the Foxit Reader.  I haven't had time to run it yet.  I am looking for something like the Kindle to display the free stuff  found on-line on the laptop . To view it easier it should be something other than HTML, text or PDF. 

What amazes me still is the amount of information that just pops out at you.  For some reason, when I started my newly installed VLC media player, a window popped up showing Jurassic Park. 

That spooked me even more when I stopped it and it started showing episodes of Stargate Atlantis from a few years ago.  I pretty much want a media player to open what I ask it to and not default to some European movie site.

Where I have it now is listening to on-line radio. The station is called Cryosleep, Zero Beat Guaranteed.  I am listening to this to drive the images of the alien beast that was being hacked live for meat on the last episode of Torchwood.

These are my ramblings before going to bed.  I am teaching a class tomorrow and need my beauty sleep.  Or, at the very least, I need a beauty of a sleep.
-30-

No comments: