The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Friday, August 27, 2004

SD2 Bad, Very Bad

I started to upgrade XP-Pro to SD-2 at ten this evening. It is now 3:00 a.m.
It only took a few minutes to install the upgrade. Then it took me four hours to reinstall the previous version.

The problem was continuous boot looping. In the time I was waiting for Microsoft to answer the phone, I reinstalled XP in repair mode in the hope I would lose none of my data. It worked, but it was tediously long.

An hour's time was wasted on the Microsoft "SP-2 Help Line" It took 62 minutes for a fella with a very thick Indian accent to answer. He didn't want to know what my problem was, he wanted my personal information and then told me to go to a website for the information I needed.

If I could go to a website, I wouldn't have needed to call.

Linux is starting to look good to me. =30=

No comments: