The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I left out the Fourth Estate...

In my diatribe against technocratic blogger, I left out the "journalists" out there who believe blogging should follow the NYT style book or at least read something about journalistic integrity before online publishing.
The bard's oft quotes suggestions to first kill all the lawyers should have been
followed with the command not to tell the "journalists..."
In my over half century on this planet, I have encounterd the fourth estate
more than a hundred and less than a thousand times.

My last encounter with a TV "journalists" happened last week.

I can say this in all honesty:
Not once did they get it right,
Nor did they seem to care. It was more important to write it as they thought
it should be, as they feel the public thinks it should be..
In the Rebecca's Pocket page she says.
"Publish as fact only that which you believe to be true."

Is it just me, or can you see a "spin" in that satement?
Would it have been just as easy to change the word "believe" to "know?"
=30=

No comments: