The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Monday, September 06, 2004

If they don't get you one way...

They get you the next.
Following an ubergeek's instructions, I changed the settings on my laptop to quelch all firewall and virii infection protection.
Then, I reinstalled SP-2 for XP-Pro with all of my fingers crossed.
The first problem encountered was no USB connection for any of the devices.
I reinstall the drivers for the basic USB setup through the control panel
and everything came to life.
Then I tried to start Thingamablog, the new "toy" mentioned earlier. It froze dead.
The error pop-up said the database couldn't be found.
I went through all the changes in configuration I could muster.
Before contacting SourceForge, I even uninstalled and reinstalled it with a clean boot.
Nope, didn't work.
So here I am with all of this free time and I can't play with the new toy, WAAAAaaaAAAahhHHH!
Oh, well, I guess I am over that. There is nothing I can do until I hear back from SourceForge.
Now the hope is this will post through to blogger.com via w::bloggar.
=30=

No comments: