The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

I Made it Through Ivan

If any of you were concerned about my driving south through what was left of Ivan I can tell you now, it wasn't fun, but I made it to D.C. and Walter and Dee in record time.

I certainly believe the roads were so clear because of all of the dire storm warning.

After oozing through the Bronx and driving with the trucks on the GWB upper deck, I hit the Jersey Turnpike and went directly to Washington's Inner Beltway with one pit stop in Maryland just before the Harbor Tunnel.

There were periods of heavy rain. The heaviest was when I got onto the city streets after leaving the highway. After phone call and a few turn-arounds, I arrived safe and mostly dry.

Thank you, Walter for letting me make this entry using your computer.
=30=

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to meet you, and Dee as well, for the first time on this, my neices' (Teri and Toni) birthdy. An auspicious occasion. Off for ice cream.