The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bigoted News Coverage

A story reported in Yahoo News, which seems to have originated in Boston’s Channel 5 News has a line in it that reads:

"I lost my green card. I lost everything," she said.

Perhaps I am being oversensitive, but this line is telling me the author of the article wants me to know this building was occupied by non-citizen workers. I am sure the poor woman and the 41 other souls who where made homeless by the fire lost more than an easily replaced government document.

Later on in the piece the lines: "It had been termed incendiary. Arson has not been ruled out, but has not been deemed arson as of this time," DiLiddo said.— Officials are offering $5,000 for information that may lead to an arrest.“

Not a crime, but we’ll give you five grand if you can help us arrests someone anyway. Though it’s only a little local fire story, to the 41 people now without a home, it’s a big deal.

A little more care could have gone into the writing, or to put the blame where it belongs, the editing,.
=30=

No comments: