The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

No More Noisy Box!

Having gone completely laptop, the trick is to learn the keyboard. If I practice enough, that should be no problem. I have XL hands that need to fit on this compressed space. Also, the keys outside of the alpha keys are not all in the same place as they were on my microsoft wireless.

The other thing I want to learn as well is the touch pad. It sits right where my palm normally sits and there fore, while I am typing the mouse arrow flies all over the screen.

Having Spell Catcher loaded is a big help. When I make a spelling error like capitalizing the first two letters, which I do on any keyboard, it automatically corrects it. This is true in all applications where I type, not only in Word.

Then there is that annoying Fn key where the Ctrl key should be. Everytime I hit it, it changes all of the keys on the right side of the keyboard into the number pad. To undo it.

I have to find another key over by the right side of the F-keys. It has replaced the caps lock key as the one I am most likely to tear our of the keyboard.

My hand also still leaves the keyboard to grab for the mouse and squeezes thin air. Once the hands learn the ropes, I hope that will end as well. The heat coming from the keyboard is a minor distraction for now, but if it gets hotter, I could see that being a problem. I bought an underside cooling rack which seems to be helping somewhat.

Okay, it’s time to study for the test. You will know when the test is close, the study will change to the word CRAM!

=30=

No comments: