The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Google Sidebar starts off well, but...

It was disappointing to try Google Sidebar and not have as much fun with it as I did with Google Earth. Sidebar looked fine, it was easily configured and, for the most part, did everything it said it would do. Unfortunately, it also did something that wasn’t good. It shut down all of my Internet browsers. The sidebar itself looked things up with abandon, changed the news, checked the weather, popped up photos found in the “My Photos” subdirectory.

But, when I went to SnapfilesPro.com to write a review for it, I couldn’t get in. I checked everything, but the only way to get back online was to take the sidebar out of the startup folder.

I will try it again latter in the week under different configurations to see how it does. If I find a way to coexist with it, I will certainly return here and tell you how. My wide screen eMachines laptop certainly has room on the side for it.

=30=

No comments: