The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Calendar Dilemma Solved

I am sure you’ve been losing sleep on this, but fear not now that The Calendar Dilemma has been solved. I had to go back to PayPal  to find the receipt to get the name of the program for which I was seeking.  The program’s name is Yagoon Time.  Now why I couldn’t remember that is beyond me. The good news is I found it.
BUT THEN,
I went to my Thunderbird to reset the mail and remembered there was a calendar extension for that in the works as well It is called Lightning. This is not to be confused with Sunbird or Mozilla Calendar. Lightning is an extension for Thunderbird that can integrate the messages received with the calendar, similar to the feature on the new Google Calendar.

So, of course, I set up both. Google Calendar was subscribed to by both of the calendars with ease.  The added feature of Yagoon mirrors the feature in Google Calendar in that you can select the calendars to be displayed.  So far, Lightning doesn’t do that.  It is promised in future development, but who can wait!

If you do use Yagoon or Lightning, be sure to chose WebDav and not iCal when choosing the interface. That’s an error that took me a while to catch.
=3O=

No comments: