The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Todo Day

For several weeks now I have had a Todo List on my Airset and on my Google calendars, (went public today), that I was only able to nibble away, little by little. Working long hours makes it hard to do public errands. Today was a holiday, of sorts. My son and I got in the car to go to Chili's for early lunch. On the way there, we passed a Vavoline Instant.

I looked up at the Oil Change Due sticker, looked at the milage and realized I was almost a thousand miles overdue. We pulled into the empty bay, over the hole in the ground. They took some information regarding the registration and such. Less than 20 minutes later, we were in Chili's having a jacked up appetizer. While sitting there, I called the 877 number on the Vavoline Instant receipt to enter the $500.00 in gas - once a week sweepstake.

The major point here is I didn't feel ripped off. Not with this car, but with others, I have gone to quick oil and lube places and felt flamboozled by the time I left. This place did offer to replace the air filter, which they showed me. When I said it looked like it had a few more miles on it, they cheerfully returned it to its receptacle.

All of this is done while you sit in the car. You can see and hear all they are doing to your car. There is a franchise cadence where they overtly check each other's work. I liked that.

Over all, not bad. The good news is, it is on the way home from work, so the next time I need an oil change, I'll just pull in and get it done with less effort than putting gas in the car.

We went from Chili's, bought four pairs of shoes, two for him and unexpectedly two for me. Then we got our hair cut, gassed the car and picked up the dry cleaning.

All of this may seem mundane to you, but it cleared my domestic Todo file and my son and I did it all together. This is a good thing.
=30=


Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: