The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Superstitions

I waited until it was past midnight to talk about superstitions.

At a meeting in a hospital on Thursday something was said about something
surely turning out right. There was some subtle tapping on the table
with knuckles. Then one of the meetings members stood up and said to
the presenter that she had to find wood quickly on knock on it. This
was one medical professional to another.

The presenter thought about it for a moment, then walked over to the
wooden door and whacked it loudly a few times. There was a general
sigh of relief in the room.I would say knocking on or, as it is in the UK,
touching wood is probably to most commonly practiced supervision
immediately around me.

Contrary to the opinion of some, this does revolve around me. I write
about what I see, read, feel, touch, hear, taste and so on.

Most people I see knocking do it unconsciously and subtly.

Sit in a bar during a sporting event and say something good about the home team.

Then observe how many people, both men and women, will knock without saying
anything, or in the extreme, moan and knock.

Now what is the second most commons superstitious act around here? I’ll get back to you on that one

-30-

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: