The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

What Do You Have Hidden in Your RSS Reader?

I should say readers. At the moment I am not even sure how many readers I am using.

The two independent readers that I have running now are Thunderbird and NewsGator’s FeedDemon. Then the one I have used the most in the past few weeks has been the Google Reader. That was, until I discovered the RSS power in Opera 9.27.

Now I am slowly carting the feeds from the three mentioned above over into Opera. It makes sense to me to have my browser incorporated with the email and RSS feeds. It also has, in the same “pane” news.opera.com. I haven’t browsed into the news-dot area for a long time. I was surprised to find how active the java-based files are. Room for everyone out here.

One of the more interesting RSS feeds for me is my daily dose of currently obscure but once famous citizen of the UK to be found in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Today they are profiling Conrad Sebastian Robert Russell, the 5th Earl Russell (1937–2004)

But, I discovered over a few days that the photo to the right changes each day because it is linked photo to the biodujour. You will have to go to the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography to discover exactly who it is in the photograph to the left.

LiveJournal Tags:

No comments: