The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, June 13, 2004

The pitfalls of SPAM editing.

When I checked my email this morning, there were an extraordinarily high number of files in the SPAM directory. As a caution, I don't have the filter delete the files but put them aside for viewing on a Sunday morning. Much to my surprise, there were 14 messages in the list that weren't SPAM.
One announced the death of a dear friend, with his funeral listed for yesterday.

Another was from a friend on the left coast:
IF you haven't heard Sheila Whitney sing, you've led a bleak life.
Though she changed from one ISP to another, she was wise enough to select the same user name and to very clearly state in the subject line her name and that this was a change of eddress.

Then there was an email that has been part of a running thread with a friend in NYC:
Em
Her email was piled in with the many offers to improve my manhood, destroy my debt and offer me photos the street dealers of Tiajuana in the late sixties would find offensive. I suppose I have to tweak the filter further. I would rather tweak the noses of the SPAMMERS but we must rise above it all. (I suppose...)=30=

No comments: