The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Curse of Google and the NYT (II)

To understand this, you will have had to read the previous post. Be forwarned: this is a Sunday morning, (now afternoon) meandering about habits changing around the reading of the NYT on Sunday morning. It's about as exciting as watching Astro Turf® grow.

Back to the saga: I mentioned the first two virtual piles of the online NYT. The third, the equivilent of storing the Book Review and Magazine for later reading is using Firefox's Bookmark option. I go back to most of the bookmarks about as much as I finally did get to read the articles in the Book Review or Magazine. But, at least they're there.

In a similar fashion to going back to read an older article and finding my wife has found a more practical use for the newsprint, as in recycling is to go to your bookmarks and find the page no longer exists. This would be true if you went to the Homegrazing blog I put up about a year ago. The server went south along with most of the content. I am much better at backing up the data I upload now.

On a good note, two comments were left on the Fieldgrazing blog wherein my comments regarding Drupal drew the attention of the folks at Drupal and a loyal fan. It's good to know all of this tripe I write is read by some, disgruntaled or not.
=30=

No comments: