The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

What's with all the Opera 8 stuff?

Okay, here's the thing, I was a big fan of Opera Browser. So much so, I even paid for it.

Then I got online banking and the bank was too stupid to make their interface compatible with the unique way Opera looked at the www. So, being one of those rare computer users with a love/hate relationship with those big guys in Washington, the State, not the Capital. I looked at ALL of the other browser choices out there.

I settled for Slimbrowser for a while, but knew it was merely window dressing for the Windows Explorer engine, I kept looking. I liked Netscape, but found it to bee too cumbersome in it's attempt to be all and everything. Then the folks at Mozilla came up with Firefox and Thunderbird. With names like that, how could they go wrong?

Very much like before, it was the bank.... For some still unknown reason, Firefox refuses to recognize that I have logged off the account and keeps causing me to call the bank to reset my password. I would worry about saying this in the public forum of a blog if there was every any money in this account past the day after I get paid.

The point to all this is when SnapfilesPro sent me an email notification of Opera 8, I had to go and see if it would interface with my bank. Lo and as they say behold! it did!.

Here's a tip: If you want to find out about the changes in the newest version of Opera, go to this site and take the Flash tutorial. It won't take long and I can almost guarantee, you will find out something you didn't know the unique browser did.

=30=


No comments: