The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Is Xtort.net For Real?


Now that I am so sick I couldn’t answer the phone this morning because I didn’t have the strength to crawl across the bed before the machine picked up the call, I do have the strength to flip through online pages I have bookmarked for future viewing. Xtort.net was one of them.

It is an interesting site. My primary reason for going there was to look for a graphics file similar to pixia that could handle .GIF files. I was somewhat disappointed to find only a link to a Dell page featuring a discounted, ($500.00 instead of $588.00)version of Photoshop CS2 for Windows.

Then, the page filled out, listing a grand selection of free graphics programs with an index to the right of related program types ranging from animation tools to vector editors.

Further exploration of the not so adv. heavy site found a profound selection of singular programs for each and every need of the average and Lake Woebegone style user.

The Author’s claim to have each and everyone of these files on his computer for personal use may be a stretch. That they were tested by the author is more believable. Having all of these programs on one hard disk would be a tad top heavy.

I wanted to post this before I became completely lost going through the selections. I may be gone for days. Keep the search parties to a minimum.

=30=

No comments: