The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Pneumonia is not fun

This is the 21st Century and Pneumonia is not treated as the life threatening condition as it was in the middle of the twentieth, when I had it last.

In my infancy I contracted it and miraculously survived. It was a proud moment for my mother. Many times I would hear her say to other mothers words like “...didn’t think he would make it” or “it must have been god’s will.”etc.

Now I call in to work and say I have been diagnosed with pneumonia and they want to know if I will be coming in on Monday. In part wonderful and in part sad. Pneumonia is still a major killer amongst the elderly and infirm. I don’t quite qualify as either but am certainly on the downhill side in the direction of both.

With the uber-antibiotic churning through my system and a night time prescription medicine knocking me out for so long, I just about skipped today, I feel on the mend.

I feel as bad as I did when first I went to the doctor and was told it was just a mild infection and should pass in a week or two. As things go at the moment, feeling that bad is an improvement.

I am not going to work on Monday.
=30=

No comments: