The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

iTunes Problem

The Apple updater seems to have assassinated my iTunes.

About a third of the way through the update it froze and said it couldn’t find the .msi file at a subdirectory that was the subdirectory on the last laptop on which it was installed, but not the directory to which it was installed on this laptop.

So, I dutifully directed with the browse option to the right directory.

Nope, it said, that wasn’t the valid directory. Okay, forget this update, I thought. I hit the cancel button and it uninstalled itself. That’s what I thought it did. Then I tried to start iTunes. The shortcut didn’t work, so I went to the program’s directory to find most of it deleted. (Not the music files!!!)

No problem, I said again. I’ve been working with software long enough to know these things happen. So, I downloaded a new copy, using the control panel I first deleted the currently semi-installed version. Then I tried to reinstall it. ¾’s of the way though the installation, same message, same problem.

I went into the registry, deleted all references to iTunes , ran two registry fix programs and tried to reinstall it again. NOPE, Sam error message...

MediaMonkey, here I come!!!!
-30-

No comments: