The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Monday, September 17, 2007

OOO 2.3 Update

What I remember most about Open Office was the length of time it took to load. This seemed true of most anything coming out of Sun with a Java base. I just installed the new 2.3 version. It loaded very quickly after the obligatory registration bit in the beginning. What disturbed me was the constant interruptions from the firewall.

This program seemed to be in constant communication with the people at Sun. I am very curious as to what they are saying to each other.

The AutoCorrect seems to have a problem if you don't capitalize a word that should be so. I will look in to the documentation about that one.

There was a quick mention of extensions on the installation page. I was too eager to get to the installation to see what that is all about. Perhaps after the family goes to bed I'll go back and see.

-30-

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: