The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

When I Was a Kid...

There were at least a dozen local papers. Some were morning papers and some evening. There was also the afternoon edition of the morning paper with stock prices. The evening papers were for the sports scores and the morning papers were to find out what happened in the rest of the world while we were sleeping.

But on Sunday, they all published in the morning. Each paper had comics that only ran in that paper. Then syndication happened and they started running their own and a few of the syndicated strips.

As the number of papers dwindled so did the comic strips. The ones that survived were those in syndication.

Enough history.

The point I started to make before the lecture was that I no longer go to the Sunday paper for my comics fix. I go to News Yahoo.com's Comics page. I have a few attached to the MyYahoo! page but on Sundays I need to go to the core site and browse them all. It's a worthy thing to do.
-30-


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: