The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

One of these Weekends...

I just completed filling in my Google Calendar for the rest of the year to coincide with the school calendar. It has four layers, the first two - appointments of a work and personal nature. The third is a layer showing the phases of the moon and the fourth national holidays.

When I first started tinkering with the Google calendar, I searched around of for special calendars to enhance it. I found what has to be close to a dozen. It took several months to whittle it down to these four. The other plug-in is the five day weather icons.

Then along came Lightning. This is the calendar module for Thunderbird.

Coming from MS Outlook, we expect a calendar to be part of the email program. Now it is. However, I find I am more likely to open the Google Calendar in Firefox than to hit the tab to open Lightning. Too much of a good thing? I don't think so. The Lightning calendar is linked to both the work and personal calendars, so when I make changes, they appear almost instantly on Lightening. I would like different colors for information from different calendars, but not yet.

If I don't have Internet access, the information is still there for me.

On a totally different topic, today is the anniversary of the Attica prison riot in upstate New York. I was overseas at the time of this blot on the country's history, but I think it was a major tipping point in history and should be remembered.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: