The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Mexican Immigration to Canada

A few hundred years ago, in my teens, I considered migrating to Canada to join what was then called the RCMP. Not being a totally foolish teen, I did some research.

I discovered to be a member of the RCMP required Canadian citizenship. To acquire this citizenship I would need to live in the country over a certain number of years. Then I visited Montreal in midwinter. These two things discouraged me.

Now, the New York Times is running an article about Mexican immigrants coming from Naples FL, to Windsor, Ontario.

It is near the end of September. I can say from first hand experience, Windsor's winter weather is nothing like the weather in Naples, FL. I believe some people are in for quite a shock.

I wish them well in their odessy. I hope the officials there treat them with human kindness. It's not something this country has done.

But, I also hope they survive the winter.
-30-


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: