The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Not so lazy days of summer

The three children in our house are rejoicing in the summer weather. They are in frolic mode. Ah to be young and clueless again! Gameboy has replaced PC Video games as the contemporary "opium" of the masses. Our son started playing it at the beginning of a long car ride and was still playing four hours later. I am afraid to pick the thing up. It might suck me out of my phama of choice, the Blog.

This started out as a complaint about having to work in my air-conditioned, windowless office while the youth of the world frolicked, played tennis, saw Garfiled, The Movie and just generally enjoyed life. But then, it hit me that we were both having fun and doing what we like to do on a summer day. I hate frolicking. I have never enjoyed the mode. When I go to carnivals, I spend my time figuring out how rubes are robbed.

I hope some just told me to cheer up. Like Charley Brown once said to Lucy, "Smile you poor sweet baby." I will pretend our orange cat just said that to me. Ramble Mode Off. =30=

No comments: