The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Spam Spam Spam Spam!!! on Sunday, no less!

I've never counted them before, SPAM messages. I just deleted them.

This morning, I was too lazy to go the extra step of deletion after moving them from the SPAM directory to the Trash. Now I look over to Mail column in my Opera 7.52's M2 and see that between eight this morning and now, 7:30 p.m., I have received 297 SPAM messages.

It would be good if the deletion was automatic. I suspect our ISP, Comcast, has already deleted a good deal of them before my reader picks them up. Unfortunately, about two or three times a week, I discover a message I DO want read in the SPAM pile.

The Opera 7.52 mail reader M2 does an outstanding job of winnowing out the luncheon meat and leaving mostly what I want to see. I can breeze through the headers to see if I want to download any of the messages delegated to the SPAM directory at my leisure. This is a good thing. As I have mentioned a few times in the past, we like a good thing.
----------

No comments: