The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

It has been a long week.

They're gone!!!! Outside of the compressed media event inside the Fleet Center; there was very little there here. (apologizes to Oakland, CA.)

What matters is they are gone. There was a bit of circular traffic jam, the delegates leaving out one door and the natives returning through the other. I think I'll miss the the peace and quite created by everyone moving out of town for a week. We should have these conventions more often.

The next stop for this political road show in Madison Square Garden in my beloved Manhattan. Unlike Boston, NY'ers will see this as just another one of many road shows to slip through town, drop their elephant poop in the streets, (or is it donkey????) get followed by the street sweepers and the street cleaning machines. It won't be the first political mess cleaned up in NYC. It won't be the last.

I had looked forward to the Willie Nelson appearance, but even that was infected by the robot like staging plaguing this convention. When the Hope... signs cropped up at the right moment during the John Edwards speech, I felt sick to my stomach. So much for the individuality of each state contingent. It was the Stepford conventioneers.

If it wasn't for people like my mentor, Harold Ickes, Jr. I would stop watching politics.

=30=

No comments: