The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Chat Rooms Rot the Brain

LiveJournal Tags:

I never really saw the appeal of chat rooms. I was watching Jason Calacanis run a podcast on his site with with a chat running below. You had to register at UStream.tv to get into the chat. My normal sign-in there wasn’t working, so I created an alias.

With that alias I was able to get in to the chat. Near the end, Jason was so absorbed in reading the chat, or his feed, or conducting business, that he just sat there, humming to himself. I asked him to sing something. Some of the other chatters became a touch nasty, making Chris Pirillo remarks.

So, though Jason can be interesting when part of a discussion, as on TWiT, I don’t think I will go back to the Jason Nation anytime soon to watch him Plog.

No comments: