The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why Watch/Listen to Twit?

The primary reason is Leo LaPorte’s voice, when he is not imitating the chairman of the Democratic Party’s suicidal scream, his voice is a naturally  soothing influence.  I am not kidding.  He said I should subscribe to Audible Dot Com if I have an Amazon Kindle. 

I have a Kindle and now two spoken books loaded onto it.  As soon as I figure out how to get them to play on my car’s speaker I will be a happy man.

The next reason is the Yang to the Ying of Leo’s Voice; John C. Dvorak.  I was first exposed to him when magazines where the primary source of material for budding geeks in the early ‘80’s.  Now Ziff Davis is going into Chapter 11.  The Buggy Whip Principle strikes again.
 
Another reason is that I miss Tech TV, where Leo Reigned Supreme when it was out of SoMa in San Francisco.

Tech TV in California is another example of the BWS.  They tried to be too smart, too hip, when their primary audience were still wearing pocket protectors.  Not to protect their protractors and slide rules, but their iPhones and Blackberrys

Back to Twit...  One other reason is that everyone who appears/speaks on the podcast has a web presence of their own.  @JasonCalacanis promised to Tweet the notice about the Audible.com free read offer coming up on Twitter and, bam, while I was still watching the live feed, and following @wilharris, Calacanis was true to his word.

(Calacanis is a name I will not forget.  If you combine the Greek for good, Kala and the Latin for dog, canis, you get Good Dog!  If that’s his stage name, it is very clever.)

Getting links to their blogs and websites and adding them to my RSS feed gives me more and more up to the minute information for the nightly grazes that appear here.  And now that  @davewiner has been added to the Tweets I follow, as well as the various news station feeds, I will have more information to start building the identity of Grazing Press.

Lastly is that I learned the perfect expletive there during TWiT #134: Bullfish! 

I love it.

LiveJournal Tags:

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: