The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Looking at Other Readers...

LiveJournal Tags:

I was zipping though the 739 items on my Google Reader this evening, looking for bit’s and pieces to load into the graze this evening when the phrase, “The art of fake fiction,” flew by my eyes. Unfortunately I hit the space bar before getting into the message.  I just found the phrase fascinating.

In an earlier episode I was clucking proudly of all of the add-on that I’d divested of Firefox when using 3.04b.  Then they went and redesigned the Add-on page to make it easier to find extensions that WILL run with FF 3.##.  I’ve only added six so far.  I am waiting for RoboForm to catch up.  If I know them, it  won’t  be offered until a stable version is loaded.

Good news is that ScribeFire updated itself with my last universal update attempt.  This is being written in Windows Live Writer, but ScribeFire is the tool on the belt.

I am trying out Shyftr, an aggregator that may be better than Google Reader.  Let me give it a few minutes...

It took me about six minutes to get it all set up.  What I found was the Louis Gray blog.  It is for early adopters.  Okay, that’s us.  Have we found the mother ship?  This piece on Internet addiction is a worthy read.  The ironic part of it to me is that I found it browsing through an RSS Feed reading, I TWITTERED the author and saved the feed to Read-it-Leader.   I should read the article again.  There are six other links to similar articles.

Texter may have been mentioned in passing in previous entries  The Lifehacker article has a download button directly on it.  Watch the videos in this article as well to get an idea of the advanced features this seemingly small program has to offer.  It’s also free, meaning it doesn’t cost $53.00 US with a $3.00 PayPal  fee attached.

I love Thunderbird.  It is my workhorse of an email program. 

 

But I am also a test driver.  I recently installed an IMAP connection to a GMail account on Opera 9.#.  It worked fine, except to gain access to it, I needed to open Opera and all attached to it.  I am now trying a small email client I found on Feedburner called  eMailya - we’ll tell you how it works on first blush.

I just got carsick watching, from his coffee cup holder, Jason Calacanis drive home to Brentwood

Good Night Gracie.

No comments: