The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Just Some Thinking on Information Tidal Wave.

There was a time, not that long ago, when I received all of my information on the world by reading the Times in the morning and listening to the radio on the way home. Two or three times a week I would watch the evening news. Later on I became more sophisticated, (I thought), by subscribing to the IHT and the Manchester Guardian.

Then came CNN.

There was "all news all the time" radio, but that handled traffic, sports, weather and late-night commentary. These were the things about which we felt the value in the immediacy of the information. But CNN, even with its early Atlantan accent, was a new, visual window on the world. It's raw feeds of breaking news was a new feeling.

The information junkie got his first taste...

Now, I am writing on ScribeFire, listening to ZZTop on WinAmp, monitoring my BB while writing a blog entry on a Firefox extension. I am also monitoring Tweeter on Thwirl displayed on the second computer screen. This isn't mult-tasking. This is shooting up information.

Is the sun shining???

No comments: