The home page and original site for the Famous Grazing Blogs

There are more than a dozen Famous Grazing Blogs residing on the cybersphere. Some are dormant and some very active. They all link back here to the Granddaddy of our blogs, founding in May of 2004.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Check the junk folder in Gmail

Even though I have IMAPed the GMail account to be read in Thunderbird, I have found it good policy to go into GMail itself and scan the junk folder. This morning there were 486 messages relegated and deposited by google into the junk folder.

I don't read the message topics first. I read the From column. Occasionally I will see names that look familiar, me is a favorite of these basta cads, then I look at the message topic. Usually I want to sell myself V pills or lengthen various parts of my anatomy. No surprise there.

But, as happened this morning, I see the name of a friend. This morning it was the Chelsea Finch.

She had changed her email address and google decided it was a deception. I don't blame Google at all. What I like is, all I need to do is check the box next to the message and then tick off Not Span in the top GMail toolbar. Zing! It goes to the Inbox, where, just to make sure this doesn't happen again, I will add the return address to the Contacts folder.

Then, I go back, scan the rest again and delete all. I know there are some who let GMail keep the spam. It will delete the files in a proscribed time. The problem for those of us who scan it for real messages is that we get two to three hundred of the buggers a day. If we let 30 days pile up it makes scanning visually nigh on impossible.


Technorati Tags:

No comments: